Monday, September 17, 2012

Blogger Award Feature: BIKBIK & RORO

Janice, of Bikbik & Roro, describes herself as "a Mom who writes, draws and makes things." It is no mistake that the first thing she says about herself is that she is a Mom. Being a Mom to her two wonderful little girls is what defines her. It is what drives her passions, her handmade products, her writing, her creativity and her lens on life. You can tell that she has a very special relationship with her girls when you read her blog about her excursions with her girls --- off to the museums, the parks or just a day shopping. It always seems like they are off on an adventure and having fun doing it.

Her creativity is something that has driven her passions for some time. Before motherhood, she was an editor, writer and illustrator, which explains why she has such an eye for colors and design as well as wonderfully written blogs. Now that she is a full-time Mom, she devotes her time to handmade items like toys (softies mainly), children's clothing, pins and jewelry. She opened up her Etsy store to expand her business to a global platform. As a Mom, she said in a recent interview "I personally endeavor to make Bikbik & Roro and their friends as child-safe as possible, sewing with reinforced stitching, and avoiding the use of choke-able items like buttons. I like re-purposing fabrics, and using Asian textiles like vibrant Indonesian batiks and cute Japanese prints." 







Janice says that her "children are one of the biggest inspirations" for her work; "the way they look at the world, the way they interpret things, the way they draw, dress, mix patterns and colours." She says "my kids are so central in my life, they just change the way you look at things."

This post is part of a series of featured bloggers who I have given appreciation awards to, please stop by and visit Janice's blog and congratulate her!

13 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned how much I like this series? And Janice is definitely a blog and friend superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about Janice. I have pretty much made up my mind that I don't want kids, but folks like Janice make me think again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O. MY. GOSH. O.. o.. o.. I am just speechless with awestruck gratitude. Could anyone be so kind, so gracious? Thank you SO much Cynthia for this feature and your sweet words; how true it is that "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones". *Big big hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice is one of my favourite bloggers! She is a fabulous mother and a very creative and talented woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stopping by Janice's blog. Her girls are so adorable and I can see how they would be her biggest inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cynthia,

    I enjoyed reading about Janice and getting to know her. I just recently followed her blog and looking forward to enjoying her posts.

    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved looking through Janice's shop~what a creative mind! I adore that tabby cat bag!!! Thank you for pointing me in her direction :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice's blog is a refreshing stop, her collections are especially soothing. Great to meet her ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may be late with this comment, but I must say how much I love Janice and her blog!
    Wonderful all the great blogs you have featured here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are absolutely not late - never too late for lovely comments! Yes, clearly I am a big fan of Janice's and she does have such a great blog. Thank you for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge Janice fan here! Still learning all the in's and out's of blogger world. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do, exactly what the dr. ordered.
    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy