Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blogger Award Feature: Sadafulee Always in Bloom

Kashmira has been blogging for some time now. I got to know her through her jewelry blog Sadafulee, which she started this year. 

But she started blogging years ago, back in March of 2008 with a blog called Me wanna to talk talk and talk. Her first post was very introspective talking about having low self esteem and whether parents who do everything for their children actually hinders their ability to be independent later in life? All good questions.

She actually has five blogs! Her other ones are called This I Have Learnt Today, Me wanna be a photographer too, and craftalicious (a private blog). She is quite a busy little blogger this one! She tells me that she loves to blog because she loves reaching out to people through her blogging. That is exactly how I met Kashmira! She is so approachable, and easy to chat with -- we instantly just started commenting back and forth through our blogs, and then just moved on to email! This blogger does 'wanna talk talk and talk!' And I love it, as I'm just as much a talker as she is.

Kashimra says that blogging is a way to grow personally (as you can see with some of the titles of her blogs) and she uses blogging as a sort of journal. She says "I find myself going back to old posts and remembering things long forgotten, that bring a smile to my face all over again!" What she loves most about blogging are the friendships that she's made. She says "I have made so many wonderful friends, who are always there for me, even if I have never met them" in person.

Kashmira told me that she does read a lot of other blogs, and that she has 250 blogs that she follows. She says that she has so many on her list "because I love them, and they inspire me in one way or another." She follows a wide range of topics from art, to self-help and somewhere in between like cooking, photography, lifestyle, jewelry design, travel and social impact blogs. She is well-read when it comes to blogging!

While they all inspire her in one way or another, there is one that inspired her to start her jewelry business called Project Why. This organization she donates her proceeds to, and she says "it has helped me gain some perspective in my life, even given me some sort of direction!"

This post is part of a series of featured bloggers who I have given appreciation awards to, please stop by and visit Kashmira's blog and congratulate her!

13 comments:

  1. a lovely feature. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Your participation helps make it a success.I'm sorry I am slow to visit this week as I am fighting a nasty head cold and my time on the computer has been limited.Wishing you a beautiful day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much to see and read here and I cruised a lot of Kashmira's blogs as a result of this lovely post about her. She seems so full of life and wonder and positivity! Thanks for turning our attention to her :-) I look forward to exploring her blogs much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kashmira is a warm, opened, honest and loving person. I am fortunate to have her as a friend on FB too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's amazing! I have a hard enough time managing one blog! I agree, I've made some great friends from blogging alone :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    Enter to win my Benefit cosmetics giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for introducing us to blogs we won't have known of, there are so many around and where do you start...?
    Thanks for your comment on mine, sorry i won't be able to reply to you as i can't access my comments replies box! Have to check the settings!
    have a wonderful week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cynthia,
    Kashmira is a beautiful person inside and out I always enjoy reading her blog posts and face book comments as well. I will check out her other blogs to see what other wonderful words of inspiration she has to offer.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Kashmira and her blog! She is the most straightforward and giving soul I have met online, and her heart is huge! "Sunshine" is a great term to use when describing her work and writing. Thanks for recognizing Kashmira, Cynthia, and thank you for turning me on to some other blogs that I was not familiar with (I am going to change that!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful feature and I really enjoyed 'meeting' Kashmira through you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her enthusiasm seems contagious, it's nice to meet her. The Project Why aspect is heart-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you SO much for this story about me :)) You are so sweet for doing this for all of us!

    And apologies for chiming in here so late...I will blame the weekend for that!

    And for all others who commented, thank you :) And a warm welcome to my blog-world. Hoping to make more new friends through this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kashmira's work is wonderful, as is her blog -- I'm a follower now, thanks to your awesome series! I love that zest she has, which really comes through her writing and her crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful feature. Blogging is such a perfect way to journal about anything so I can see why Kashmira has multiple blogs!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy